2000 Los Angeles, USA
12th REVES meeting, Los Angeles (USA), 2000
Healthy Life expectancy: Linking Policy and Science
The meeting was organized by Eileen Crimmins, University of Southern California
Papers presented at Los Angeles, 2000. Slides are available on
- Barbi E, Caselli G. Selection effects on gender differences in survival.
- Barendregt J. Incidence and prevalence based health expectancies : Making the twain meet.
- Bossuyt N, Van Oyen H, Page H. Healthy Life Expectancy and Disability-free Life Expectancy by Educational Attainment in Belgium.
- Brouard N, Lièvre A. Computing Health Expectancies using IMaCh A Maximum Likelihood (bis) Computer Program using Interpolation of Markov Chains.
- Carrière Y, Légaré J. Income Inequalities and Healthy Life Expectancy: An International Comparison.
- Désesquelles A, Meslé F. First insight into the patterns and trends of old-age mortality using French multiple cause-of-death statistics.
- Gavrilov LA, Gavrilova NS. Short Communication Season of Birth and Human Longevity.
- Gavrilova N, Semyonova NS, Evdokushkina VG, Gavrilov GN. Health responses to economic changes in Russia.
- Ginneken JV, Bosch A, Al Mamun A. Health expectancy in Matlab, Bangladesh: Substantive and methodological aspects.
- Golini A, Amendola G, Falorni C. Height body mass index and self perceived health The case of the Italian population.
- Hahn H. Methods of incorporating the perspectives of people with disabilities into measures of health expectancy.
- Ham-Chande R. Healthy life expectancies in Latin America: Determinants evaluation and policy design.
- Hayward M, Hsinum C, Crimmins EM. Evaluating inequality in sate life expectancies : The estimation of confidence intervals for multistate life table models.
- Herrmann F, Gostynski M, Ajdacic-Gross V, Gutzwiller F, Michel JP. Incontinence free life expectancy in Switzerland.
- Hoehn C, Gärtner K. Life styles and their impact on health and life expectancy in Germany (Life expectancy survey of the BiB).
- Horiuchi S, Meslé F, Vallin J. Cause-of-Death Patterns of Age-Related Mortality Increase in France, 1979-1994 : Differences between Middle Ages and Old Ages.
- Kelly S, Baker A. Healthy life expectancy in Great Britain, 1980-96, and its use as an indicator in UK Government strategies.
- Lamb VL. Age-specific patterns of US disability.
- Lopez A. Report from the Global Burden of Disease Study.
- Martel L, Bélanger A, Berthelot JM. Risk Factors Associated with Transitions between Health States : Some Results from Longitudinal Panel of NPHS (1994-1996).
- Martel L, Bélanger A. Report on the Demographic situation in Canada 1998-1999 An analysis of the change in dependence-free life expectancy in Canada between 1986 and 1996.
- Mathers C, Murray C, Salomon J. Summary measures of population health.
- Mathers C. Disability-adjusted life expectancy in Austrailia.
- Mc Clellan M, Yan L. Understanding disability trends in the US elderly population : The role of disease management and disease prevention.
- Melze D, Izmirlan G, Leveille S, Guralnik J. Socio-economic differences in the prevalence of disability in old age The dynamics of incidence; mortality and recovery.
- Melzer D, McWilliams B, Brayne C, Johnson T, Bond J. Socio-economic status and the expectation of disability in old age: Estimates for England.
- Montgomery PD, Pettersen BA, Sullivan SG, Hallmayer J, Hussain R, Bittles AH. The Influence of intellectual disability on life expectancy in Western Australia.
- Myers GC, Giles LC, Andrews GR. Dynamics of late life disability and mortality: Analyses over five waves of an Australian longitudinal study of ageing (ALSA).
- Noymer A. Mortality sex differentials in space and time : Vallin’s paradox in the USA.
- Nugent JB, Swaminathan S. An Instrumental Variable Approach to Assessing the Health Impacts of Community.
- Nusselder WJ, Looman CWN, Barendregt J. A method of Decomposing Differences in Health Expectancy by Cause.
- Olshansky SJ, Carnes BA. Anatomical oddities and design flaws of the human body.
- Palloni A. PAHO efforts in collecting data in Latin America.
- Pamuk E, Harper SB, Molla MT, Wagener DK, Crimmins E. The Effect of Population Estimates on Disability free Life Expectancy.
- Perenboom R, Oudshoorn K, Van Herten L, Hoeymans N. A (weighted) mental health expectancy in the Netherlands. In: 12th Work group meeting REVES, Los Angeles., March 2000.
- Portrait F, Deeg D, Lindeboom M. Life expectancies in specific health states and costs of care : Results from a joint model of health status and mortality or the elderly.
- Prenboom RJM, Van Herten LM, Mulder YM. Trends in DFLE in the Netherlands : Dynamic Equilibrium.
- Qiao X. Disability-free Life Expectancy of the Elderly of China.
- Robine JM, Jagger C. A Disabilityt Model for the 21st Century.
- Rogers RG, Hummer RA, London J. Comparing Risk Factor Prevalence and Mortality Rates.
- Saito Y. Introduction to the Nihon University Japanese Longitudinal Study of Aging (NUJLSOA).
- Suthers K, Ki Kim J, Crimmins E. Life expectancy with cognitive impairment in the older population of the United States.
- Valkonen T. Convergence or divergence : trends in regional inequalities in life expectancy within western European countries.
- Van Herten L, Perenboom R, Oudshoorn K, Boshuizen H. Sensitivity analysis: Impact of the health status of non respondents and of residents of institutions on the health expectancy calculations in the Netherlands.
- Van Oyen H, Bossuyt N, Page H. Mental health expectancy by educational attainment in Belgium.
- Wagener DK, Crimmins E, Pamuk E, Molla MT, Kim JK. Impact of Morbidity Variable Selection on Healthy Life Expectancy Comparisons between Subgroups of the US population.
- Wilmoth J. Measuring mortality differentials over age and time.
- Wolf DA, Freedman V, Marcotte J, Ploutz-Snyder L. Periodicity and ’occurrence’ Bias in estimates of disablement transition rates.